Saturday, February 14, 2009

Our Family

How to introduce our family? There are 4 of us, plus one on the way. We are a blended family, and it has seemed to go really smoothly in the transition.
There's Steve..my husband. He's been the best stepdad a mom could ask for in her kid's life. He really understood how to become part of the family without trying to be that "daddy" figure, or force some sort of weird relationship on them. I truly appreciate the way he let them come to him when they were ready to show emotions.
Then there's me. I'm a stay at home mom right now. It's been tough, and we've had to make some sacrifices, but overall I wouldn't change anything about getting to be home with my kids. I love being the one to pick them up from school, sit with them when they need help with homework, and cook dinner with them right there.
Andrew is the oldest son. He's going to be 11 in March~and in Middle School next year! I can hardly believe it. He has me running around, between violin lessons, baseball practice, GATE, and the guitar lessons he takes at school! He's a really great son, with a huge heart. I truly believe that when he figures out what he wants to do with his life, it will be something involving helping others in a profound way.
Hannah's next in the little clan. She's 7 right now, and will be having her birthday in June, like this baby. She's a sweetheart, through and through. She's a piano playing Girl Scout these days. Her little group of friends are so cute together. It really reminds me of when I was a little girl. She's not very girly anymore..much more the tomboy these days. I don't think I could get her in a dress if I wanted to! She once asked me what the most important job in the world was, and I told her it must be a teacher, because no matter what you do in life, you need a teacher to have shown you the way first. Her direct response was "Well, then, I want to be a teacher!"
And last but not least, there's the little darling currently waiting for his grand entrance in June. His due date is the 23rd. He's already showing some personality & there are times when I just have to laugh at the things he jumps at! I'll keep you posted on his progress as we go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment