Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Yesterday was a nice time with Steve, Andrew, & Hannah. Besides a few breakdowns by my hormonal crying :) I have been ultra sensitive this week over nothing!

The kids gave me their presents, which, of course, were great! I love homemade gifts! Andrew made a pop up card and Hannah made 3 blocks that spell out MOM. She also gave me a paper with a secret code that I have decipher.

After breakfast & presents, we did a drive down to the San Diego hospital that I will deliver at if I go into labor before June 2nd. I loved the hospital! The staff was really nice, and a nurse took us on an unofficial tour to quite a few of the rooms to show us what it will be like if we're there. It makes me sad in a way that I only have 3 more weeks before I can go down to Palomar Hospital in Escondido! Reality, of course, is that I'd rather do the short 20 minute drive over the hour one, but STILL, the room was great, and I really liked all of the staff there. We have a tour of Escondido hospital next Saturday, so we can make the final decision then-that is, of course, if Thomas comes after 36 weeks!

Steve was definitely shocked by the rooms-I asked him afterward & he said that he expected it to be more sterile or stainless steel or something. He was impressed by the drop down delivery bed, and the fact that everything was encompassed into one room. Seeing his face when he saw the little baby weigh/monitoring station was priceless. We found out that when I go in for my tubal ligation, Steve will be with the baby by himself for the whole time-I think I saw a glimmer of terror which he quickly hid when he saw me looking at him! We didn't get to see the rooming area, where I'll be staying afterwards, but she said there's a possibility we'll be sharing a room with someone else. I definitely hope it's a slow week!

After the hospital, we went over to the cemetery that some of my family is buried at. My Grandma Linda was buried there, along with her mother, father, and one of her brothers. Also, one of her sister's ashes were scattered over all of the graves there. We laid flowers on my Grandma's and Great Grandma's grave, and walked around looking at how many graves were from people born in the 1800's. There were quite a few. In fact, we found one family born in the 1820's. As awkward as it sounds, the kids really enjoyed being there. I think Hannah got to have a little bit more of a connection to her Great Grandma, since she was born after my Grandma had passed away.

After going to the cemetery, we took the kids to Dave & Busters. We ate lots of yummy food & played some games. Hannah won 350 tickets altogether from $10 worth of play. 119 tickets were from playing "Deal Or No Deal" by taking the "deal."Unfortunately, she held the case with 200 tickets! She didn't mind though, because the other case left over was only 30 tickets, so she figured she wouldn't be greedy with it! Andrew & Steve played all the shoot 'em up, run 'em over games. Andrew played a few games for tickets, and tried to convince Hannah to combine tickets to both get something better! Needless to say, he didn't get to, despite his pouting, and Hannah got a nice little bracelet, while Andrew got some Chinese Finger Traps!

It was a great weekend, and a wonderful Mother's Day. I can't imagine a better little family if I tried!

1 comment:

  1. This is definitely one of those "Wish I was there" moments! I'm glad you all had a good time! ILYLC!!!

    ReplyDelete