Monday, May 4, 2009

Our Trip To Santa Maria

I didn't think we'd get another good family trip in before Thomas arrived, but was pleasantly surprised by this semi-last minute drive to visit Steve's Grandma Marie in Santa Maria. I've been on a trip up there before, but this was the first time the kids got to see a piece of Steve's childhood. We drove past his old house, places he went to school, "his" restaurant that he loved, and to the 2 best parks I have ever seen in my life! We visited with his Aunt Ida & Grandma Marie, and took his Grandma out to lunch, & then down to the beach. The kids got to climb the trees that Steve & his brother built tree forts in, and see pictures of him at their ages. I was so glad we got to go, and see another layer of Steve come out as he shared his special memories with us. We ended up taking over 50 pictures, so I'll have to weed through them to post some of my favorites (any time they're in a picture, it's a great one for me!)


Words can't describe what it feels like to watch them explore the world together.

They didn't even fight when I stuck them together for a nice picture!

Steve & his Grandma.


Poker, a crazed look in her eye, chasing squirrels at the park.

Poker didn't know what to do when the squirrel shot up the tree-she's used to ground squirrels!

A little pond in the park. One of a few.

Ok, this is more like our family!

I couldn't even fit the whole tree in the picture!

32 weeks & 5 days!

Tree root jail-can I keep them there?!


Duck, duck......GOOSE!



1 comment:

  1. The pictures are amazing! Please send them all to me!!! Please, please, please? ILYLC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete