Friday, June 12, 2009

My Cup Runneth Over

I was hit with an overwhelming feeling of total love and pride for my kids yesterday. Not that I don't love them all the time. It's just that, as any parent knows, as time wears on, you sort of-well, not forget that you love and admire your kids-you just get drawn into the daily humdrum that is life. The tide that washes over you is so far back on the beach that it takes a great wave to bring it back in.

I haven't had so many compliments given to me about those 2 as I did yesterday from random people at various times throughout the afternoon. Not that I need the approval of strangers-don't get me wrong. But it felt good to hear the compliments on them.

They really are superb kids. Words cannot express how proud I am of them. Not for the stuff they do, though that's great too. It's for what wonderful souls they have. Loving, empathetic, strong, genuinely GOOD human beings. I can't imagine a world without them. I can't even fathom my life without my daily doses of Hannah-isms, and Andrew's goofy jokes. A day where someone doesn't giggle about something gross like farts or poop. A day where I have to ask someone to pick up their towel, or please get back to your homework.

I can't imagine life without these two. The way Hannah sees me sad and comes over to hug me. Andrew scratching my back as we watch a movie. Kisses goodnight, big grins, and those hugs that make a gloomy day bright again. Now this miracle is being brought to me a third time. A boy waiting to emerge who's personality will affect those around him. The ripple effect of life around him, as he touches those he meets. Just as others have touched our lives. I am so grateful to be given this gift once more.

My cup runneth over.

No comments:

Post a Comment