Saturday, June 6, 2009

Why I Can Never Go Into Labor!

Before I begin, let me say that I'm truly sorry if this blog rambles, has terrible grammar, and in general, makes no sense. I have extreme pregnancy brain right now!

Ok, now I can move on.... :)

These past few weeks, and especially this past week, have been insanely hectic! Andrew had City Tournament, where other leagues in the city form together to have one huge tournament. 3 games a week, practices in between. AAHH! Surprised any of us still have hair after that tournament! Unfortunately, the boys lost halfway through, and ended up in 4th place. Which, in the big picture, isn't bad, considering one of the leagues they played against were the ones from Vista who made it to the Little League World Series a couple of years back! Still to come-Tournament of Champions! Andrew's team, the White Sox, ended up in 1st place for their division in the league (2nd year Andrew's been on a 1st place team!) so they play TOC in 2 weeks. In the mean time, Coach has scheduled 3 practices next week, on top of their end of the year party.

Today was Closing Day Ceremonies for the regular season. The kids had a lot of fun. Andrew got his trophy for 1st place team. I think the best thing of all though, was that VALL (Vista American Little League) had a dunk tank this year, and all the the managers from all of the teams got in and let the kids from their team try and dunk 'em! I loved all the heckling from the coaches, and then seeing the coach crash down mid-smarty pants comment! The look on the kids faces as each one threw 'em in was hilarious! It was a really nice time, and great to see all the kids have some down time to hang out.

So all that baseball stuff would be reasons # 1, 2, & 3 why I'm not allowed to go into labor yet!

Also, let me preface the Music on the Green story with this; Mr. Brian is the music teacher at Temple Heights Elementary. He is a musical inspiration to everyone he crosses-in fact I would love to learn how to play guitar so I could go have a jam session with him! Andrew told him about his playing violin, and Mr. Brian was so excited that he told him that he absolutely HAD to bring his violin in during lunch to jam w/him and some other kids that came in. It really renewed Andrew's desire to play-something that's hard to do when you've been taking lessons for 5 years! He LOVES music, teaches guitar in the mornings to kids, has a bongo drum lesson for other kids, and just makes you love the music right along with him-it's impossible to explain without meeting him, but once you do, you can't stop talking about him either!

Soooo...From what I've come to understand-Mr. Brian doesn't get paid by the district. His entire ability to stay at Temple Heights is through the donations put together the year prior-if we raise enough, he gets to stay. There are many different ways-penny drives, your typical run of the mill candy sale type stuff, and this-Music on the Green. An entire evening devoted to keeping a salary alive for Mr. Brian. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING for the night is donated. There's a silent auction with some amazing prizes, cake walks, jumpers, face painting, raffles, etc. Teachers even donate as much as they can. They had a booth where kids got to throw wet sponges at them! Also, each teacher donates a "win a lunch for you and a friend" for the silent auction-I won it for Hannah with her teacher. Well, Mrs. Keen told Hannah that she could bring 2, since she couldn't decide! Let me tell you, winning that silent auction wasn't easy to do-Mrs. Keen is very loved! Unfortunately I lost out on Andrew's teacher-those bids were way too rich for my blood. Also, Kathy & I were going to go halves for Mr. Brian, but his was extremely high also! Sad, but good too, because the bids were getting really high!

At the end of the evening, all of the grades come up one at a time and perform a song with choreography. Hannah's grade sang "Hound Dog" By Elvis. Andrew's grade actually worked with Mr. Brian during music class to take an existing song & change the lyrics to fit their grade. I got it on tape, but I'll have to switch it over to DVD to be able to share it.

So, there's reason # 4 why I'm not allowed to go into labor yet! I couldn't miss Music on the Green!

Reason # 5-Andrew has the infamous State Report Due on Tuesday, which pretty much makes or breaks his ability to move on to 6th grade..lol..Ok, not really, but it's HUGE, and, unfortunately-he has the attention span of an ostrich! :)

Reason # 6-The kids both have the WAVE Water Park to attend for their end of the year treat for a year of working their little grubby fingers to the bone. Now, I know that the WAVE isn't that big of a deal, but it really is. They've been looking forward to this day all year-in fact, this will be Hannah's first year getting to go with the school. To pull them out of it and then have them have to wait around for the "just in case it happens any second" labor that I may very well have would be heartbreaking in their eyes! Gotta love the unpredictability of childbirth!

Reasons # 7 & 8-Andrew has a musical he's been working on w/his teacher for a while. That's not until the 11th. Then he has an official "graduation" ceremony on the 17th (last day of school)

Soo, I think that about covers it all. I think. Of course, there's always more-like Hannah's end of the year Girl Scout party, regular school life, and everything else..I know I'll be out of the hospital in a day..that it's not a life sentence-but I also know how EXHAUSTING life is with a newborn, and I don't want to miss a minute of these great things the kids are doing! They've worked so hard for all of it.

On to random good news. We'd been struggling with what to do about Steve's truck issue for a while now. He bought a truck about 2 years ago that turned out to be a total lemon, but he wasn't covered because he bought it "as is." So we were stuck with a truck that, albeit was almost paid off, didn't run right! Anyway, he was scouring everywhere to research the truck he wanted. He looked at private sales, walked into dealerships often, and had numerous discussions with me over the last year. Well, a few nights ago he found an add on Craigslist from the Dodge Dealership, and they had his dream truck for a really good price! I'm not kidding-this thing is literally his dream truck. Well, it's 2 wheel drive, but he's really ok with that, since he didn't plan on truly needing the 4 wheel often enough to ever justify the extra price. After a day of thinking it over (and over...and over...and over) WE GOT A NEW TRUCK! It is absolutely gorgeous, and I'm so excited, because it will not only allow him to expand his business further, it will also make it that much easier to tow anything & everything our little hearts desire! Now we can finally take our trailer or boat on long trips-like up to Pismo Beach or out to Lake Mead like we've been planning FOREVER! I am truly, completely, in love with this truck! :)

Well, I've rambled a lot, so allow me to take my exit-but not before posting some pictures, of course!

Andrew's 1st Place Team Trophy!


They always do a little parade to get there..ceremonies!

Andrew playing some of the songs he learned w/Mr. Brian. Not the best picture, but I'm too tired to edit this :)~ Besides-we all know he's adorable anyway!

Hannah with one of her bestest friends, Aliyah. Also a classmate & fellow Girl Scouter!

Our new baby before our new baby!

37 Weeks 5 days..getting verrrrrrry close!

Different shirt finally, thought I'd show I don't just wear the same outfit over and over!

Close up shot. Hmm..Too tired to make these look really good!

I had to throw this one in-how is she sleeping like this? (Her leg isn't resting on anything, it's just UP..thought I'd clear that up, since she's got a stuffed animal looking like it's supporting her leg) She had both legs up, but one fell right as I came in. So strange!

2 comments:

  1. I Love your postings...they're so long and you're so funny! You have so much going on, you poor thing. Good thing newborns sleep a lot in the beginning...that way (hopefully) most of the end of the school year/baseball/girl scouts madness will be over...until next year that is! I notice Temple Heights Elem in your post...you must live close by then. I work right off of TH so maybe when that little one gets here I can stop by and say hi. I haven't seen you in years and would LOVE to...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny--in the picture of you with the sleeveless top, you almost look like you are faking it (just pushing your stomach out)!

    Thank you for the nice long post! I love the truck! Another prayer answered!

    I can't wait to hold that little guy! I just hope his wife doesn't mind! (Obviously kidding, but the way our finances are, it seems that far off! I WILL see him though--It was 9 months for Andrew and 6 months for Hannah, so 3 months? lol It was Christmas for the first two).

    Love ya girlie girl!

    ReplyDelete