Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Update..

Given the high energy, run around type of lifestyle it feels like we live in this family, this week has been pretty "boring" in comparison. Yet it's not really boring at all. Grandma Vickie's visiting this week! She's been spending lots of time with all 3 kids, and took Andrew & Hannah out for some well needed "big kid" time. It's been great having her here, and we're really going to miss when she has to go back home.

Had another check up with Thomas yesterday. Things are going along swimmingly. He had dropped to 7 lbs 14 oz last week and was back up to 8 lb 2 oz yesterday-right on track. They measured him at 20 1/2 inches and said that's what he was at birth-that they don't always take good measurements when they're rushing after the birth. Poor Hannah-has to share her length with her brother!

We finally got to see his "real" pediatrician. Before we saw Kaiser doctors, since I have Kaiser coverage. Now Thomas is seeing the same doctor that Hannah sees, which is in the same practice as the doctor Andrew sees. I chose the pediatricians based on their bedside manner, and it seems like Andrew's doctor is a better fit for him, while Hannah & Thomas' doctor fit better for them..

As far as the kids go, things are really relaxed right now. Andrew's All Star's team didn't do so well on Sunday. Unfortunately I think tomorrow's game will go about the same. I'm glad that baseball is coming to a close (finally!) but I'm really sad Andrew's team didn't do better.

For the 4th of July Steve's mom watched Thomas so that we could go on the roof and watch the fireworks from home. No boat trip this year :( Well, the kids & Steve went on the roof-I chickened out at the last second. I don't know why I've started having this huge fear of heights. I think mostly it's because I just don't trust people around me. A very long time ago I had someone pretend they were going to push me, then do that quick pull back thing..well, he pretty much almost dropped me. Ever since then, my fear has only grown stronger since people think it's funny to see me get scared. So even when I know they won't do anything, I'm afraid they will.

Well, I'm going to post a few random pictures I've taken. I've been keeping the flash off, which I'm finding out is making for REALLY bad pictures...so I promise next round will be better! :)

Ok, so this is like, the millionth picture taken in this bouncer thing..it's just easy to take pictures in it! :)~

I love the little fist, always by his face!

Can't get enough pictures of big yawns!

Andrew & Hannah HATED being swaddled. Thomas needs it for bedtime. I LOVE this thing! It makes it so much easier & he actually stays in it all night! Except for a little hand, which will sort of creep it's way up to his face again over the night-but I leave it a little loose up top on purpose for him :)

Riding on our way to the baseball game. Again, another great invention-a head "holder" that actually works right! Plus we can use it in our Jeep Stroller that I'm dying to get to use!

Don't know why the picture warped like this, but he has his eyes opened, so I HAD to add this picture!

Hannah-always peeking in on him during the ride.

On the way to All Stars game.

No comments:

Post a Comment